Sunday 5 October 2014

My first ever post!

So today I've finally got round to launching my blog and what better way to start than with a family favourite recipe.
The pasta based dish is so easy to make and ideal for a student house hold its basically the left overs in the fridge and a tin of chopped toms. Pasta is one of the cheapest dishes to make however the jarred sauces can often be pricey. My Mam was taught the recipe at school and I love it! I even managed to get it published in a book of 'simple recipes' when I was in primary school, I was such a geek.

So on with the cooking!

What you need (Based on 1/2 servings):
Tin of Toms (chopped)
Few slices of bacon (I had 2)
Handful of mushrooms,
Onion (optional)
Herbs
and your fave pasta!

Chop up the bacon, mushrooms and onions and put in a pan (medium heat) with a little bit of oil. Don't allow the ingrediants to fry, literally have them in for a minute or so.
Boil the kettle and put on your pasta.
Add the tin of toms to your chopped-up ingrediants and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes. During this time add a pinch of herbs and mix in.
At this point there is not much more to do other than wait - or bang in the garlic bread and grate some cheese, but make sure you keep checking the pasta to see if it is cooked and the occasional stir of your sauce.
Once your pasta is fully cooked your sauce will be too, the bacon will have fully cooked through.

If pasta isn't your thing, this makes a great pizza topping and if I have any sauce left over, I plonk it on some toast.

I'll be posting ever Sunday, thanks for reading :)

Rach x


No comments:

Post a Comment