Monday 1 June 2015

Edinburgh zoo

This week I went for a visit home and as it was half term my family decided to have a trip to Edinburgh zoo. Recently, they have got some pandas so I was super excited to see these as they are the only ones in Europe! I've been to Edinburgh a few times to visit the zoo ecspecially in my childhood, I always loved the penguin parade. I have to admit a lot of the animals I remembered from my childhood aren't there anymore and that was slightly disappointing and after visiting London zoo in January I probably prefer that one now. I took some pictures whilst I was there so I thought I would share in this post, I didn't take my camera I just used my iPad as the weather wasn't great and I hate getting my camera in and out of its case all the time. If you love monkeys this is the zoo for you, they have loads of different breeds, I've decided that my favourites are the squirrel monkeys...you will see a picture of the little guys below. The penguin parade is also a nice touch to Edinburgh but it is voluntary for the Penguins so if they aren't feeling up to it you may miss out, we very nearly did due to the rain!
Sorry that my post is late this week, I hope you've had a great weekend :)
If you are planning on visiting the zoo I would recommend booking online, you have to pick times to see the pandas and they go very quickly, I'm so thankful I booked in advance or I would have missed seeing them as the time slots were rammed. After all the travelling I would have been devastated. Even though you have to book a time slot the viewing is free so don't worry about extra cost which is good, when I went to see them they were sleeping so I'm glad I didn't have to pay extra! Also, if you have a smart phone or iPad you can jump the queue on entering the zoo with a barcode that they send to your device - great time saver. 

Rach x

                                     

                                     

                                     
     
                                     
  
                        




3 comments:

  1. This post is so cool!! and these pictures are adorableee! Hope you had an amazingg time and have an incredible day gurlie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Edinburgh but never to the zoo, I'll have to visit some time.
    I've nominated you for the SOTW bloggers award which you can check out here
    Love your blog!

    Sophie x
    That's Groovy blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Edinburgh zoo a couple of years ago, those little monkeys were so cute!!
    Really nice pictures - I love the panda one!!
    The pandas were smaller than I expected them to be :P

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete